Summary lead:
An African grey parrot known for his unique mastery of the English language died last week of natural causes. He was 31.
Soft lead:
For survivors and relatives of the Station nightclub fire victims, the pain is still there.
"People that weren't here don't really understand why we can't let this go," said Walter Castle Jr., who survived the fire caused by pyrotechnics at the Station nightclub in 2003.
The 100 victims of the fire were remembered by friends and family, many of whom spoke through tears during a somber gathering, held where the club once stood in West Warwick, R.I.
"My mom lives in me in everything I do," said Angela Bogart, who was 19 when her mother perished in the fire. "I hear her voice everywhere I go."
Summary lead:
Just one year after Boston Living Center was on the brink of collapse, the HIV refuge center is back on its feet, thanks in part to the hiring of advocate Larry Kessler.
Delayed lead:
Larry Kessler has always been quick on his feet. When asked his age, the 70-year old longtime advocate for people living with HIV replies: "I'm 39."
But Kessler's quick thinking extends beyond his wit, as the 1,200 members of the once-ailing Boston Living Center will tell you.
The region's largest HIV refuge was on the brink of collapse just one year ago, with an embezzlement scandal leaving the center nearly bankrupt.
No comments:
Post a Comment